Training and DevelopmentOn this page, you can find information about changes that are occurring within Calderdale SCB, forthcoming events (e.g. Conferences) and Training.
To view the information you require, click on the relevant heading.
- Practice Guidance for responding to concerns that a child may have been abused, either sexually or physically by another child or young person.
Practice Guidance - Sexually Harmful Behaviour September 2012
- Lots of useful information and advice about looking after parent and baby's health. These leaflets are also available in Czech; Slovak and Polish and Urdu.
Every Baby Matters
- Protocol for working cases where an adult has a learning difficulty
Adults with Learning Difficulties protocol Oct 2012
- Find out the latest information about route two and the external identity validation check.The new identity checking guidance has been updated and enhanced to include:further information about the external identity validation check, required for Route 2, including how to go about finding a suitable service providerhow to validate the identity of applicants from within and outside the European Economic AreaThe rest of the guidance remains largely unchanged and has been developed in consultation with the Home Office and other Government departments to ensure the Government’s top priority of public protection is not compromised.
Enhancements to CRB identity checking process: latest update Jun 2012
- Policy briefings from Tri-X that aim to keep colleagues informed about government policy, changes in legislation and to enhance good practice
Policy, legislation and practice updates Nov 2012
- West Yorkshire policies and procedures for Safeguarding children and young people at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation. February 2013.Please destroy any previous documents.
Policy and procedure for managing CSE Feb 2013
- New plans for CAF, CiN and CP with accompanying guidance are now launched.Briefings are taking place to write SMARTER plans - more dates to be arranged
Follow link to Useful links and publications
- Forthcoming Training Courses for Professionals: New dates for Writing and Measuring SMART outcomes for children in Calderdale; Attachment Theory in Decision Making and Planning for Children; Safeguarding Children who Experience Domestic Abuse; Developing Skills in Multi-Agency Risk Assessment; Multi-Agency Safeguarding Awareness; Impact of Parental Mental Ill Health on Children; Introduction to Supervision and Risk ManagementTuesday 11th June 9:30 – 16:00 and Wednesday 12th June 9:30 – 16:00Training the Trainer in Safeguarding Tuesday 11th June 9:30 – 16:00 (Bradford)Impact of Parental Learning Disability
A key priority of Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board (CSCB) is the training and on going development of staff, who are working with children and families. The importance of inter-agency cooperation and effective communication has been highlighted in all reports concerning child deaths or serious injuries, not least by the Victoria Climbie inquiry. Multi-agency training is one way to improve communication and awareness of the roles and responsibilities of agencies in child protection work.